New rules for swimming pools, beaches
Taken from this week's issue
NEW rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19 at outdoor public swimming pools and beaches and have been announced by Communicable Diseases High Committee.
Rules to be followed at outdoor swimming pools:
- It must be ensured that the chlorine level and pH level of the pool water complies with the levels specified in the “Regulation on Health Principles Subject to Swimming Pools” and should be periodically measured and recorded.
- It is recommended that pools be chlorinated to the highest possible level. Body temperature measurements are to be taken at the entrance to the pool area. Those with a temperature over 38C, a cough, runny nose, and shortness of breath cannot use the pool. The capacity of the pool area is determined as one person per 4m2.
- The social distance in the pool area is 1.5m. The space between loungers and sunbeds should also be at least 1.5m.
- People without a mask are not allowed into the pool area. Estate residents and employees must be wearing masks. Prolonged stays at swimming pool are not permitted as the risk of Covid-19 contact can increase.
- No fabric cushions are to be used on sunbeds. If washable/wipeable cushions are used, they must be cleaned after each guest use. Social distancing must be taken into consideration when using changing cabins. Cabins must be cleaned after each use.
- People should be encouraged to bring/use their own towels. For a guest who does not bring one, a towel in a bag or one given by a staff member can be provided. Towels and other textile products should be washed at a minimum of 60C.
- Group activities, exercise, diving lessons, etc., in the pools are not permitted.
- If cafe and restaurant services are available, they must operate according to the rules previously determined regarding these sectors.
- Manual entrance doors to bathroom areas should be changed into an automatic door system. If this is not possible, the toilet area’s entrance door handles should be frequently disinfected.
Rules to be followed at the beaches:
- Guests without a mask are not allowed on the beaches. It is mandatory for guests and employees to wear masks on the beach and in bathing areas.
- Measures are to be taken to maintain 1.5m social distance between people on the beach and in the bathing area.
- The distance between sunbeds must be at least 1.5m. The distance between parasols should be arranged in line with the distance between the sunbeds. The capacity of the beach and bathing areas is specified as one person per 4m2.
- Cabanas should be arranged in accordance with social distance rules. The capacity is limited to one person per 2m2 in the cabana areas.
- After use, sporting equipment should be cleaned with water and detergent and frequently touched surfaces should be disinfected.
- For individual water sports activities, such as paragliding, etc., the boat can only accommodate half its capacity, including employees.
- Scuba tanks, “balance” jackets, life jackets and similar equipment used in touristic underwater and the aforementioned water sports’ activities are to be used only by one person during the activity and then disinfected after use.